Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Meaning of Life...

I have pondered this stuff way too much for many years. I don't claim to have the most answers, but I've become pretty comfortable with my answers, for me, and acknowledge that they may not work for anybody else.
The meaning of life: There is none. The existance of life was a freak random accident. There is no reason we're here, no higher cause, no reason to wake up in the morning.
God: Given what I just said, you'd think I was an atheiest, wouldn't you ? I suppose I've been through agnosticism and athiesm, and wound up at believing in God. I call all the random uncontrolable circumstances that lead to the origin of life, and the evolution of man, God. I call the 7 days that the king james bible says God created everything in, the entire period of time it took for man to evolve.
Of course, humans need to believe there is a reason to go on. A reason to get up in the morning. A reason to go to work. A reason not to slit your wrists.
I don't see many good ones. A curiosity for what I'd miss. The fact that non-existance is more pointless than life.
Nothing matters. Enjoy yourself while you can.

No comments: